Tuesday, November 27, 2012

To all my followers.

I thought that you might find this interesting. I am an opportunist ( but in the good sense ) and I am always on the lookout for good opportunity's. I use to go to storage auctions before they ruined it by putting it on tv and often enough I would find some real deals. I also go to garage sales and browse through the items for sale. Especially Estate Sales. IF the Estate sale is operated by the individual, There can be some good opportunity's to buy a real good item fairly cheap, but not always. If it is contracted to an auctioning company , then your items will almost always skyrocket because they are in the business to know the value. But as I've said, Individual sellers are not always on top of thing for whatever causes and therein Ly's your opportunity's. For example : I went to an Estate sale here while back and as I was browsing I saw a pair of cowboy spurs. What got my attention was the leather on the spurs, so I picked them up and took them to the Lady of the sell and asked her how much and she said Five dollars. I pulled Five dollars out and handed it to her. I left and went of coarse to some other garage sales after which I went home. I began to look the spurs over and began to notice the crude shape of the design on the spurs. It was that of a snake. I also began to realize that it was silver overlay. on the inside I seen O CROCKETT stamped inside the heel. Getting on the internet I began to see some of the prices on some of the newer spurs and they ranged up into around $19.000.00 . I about fell off my chair from the excitement of the possibilities here. Because of the economy I ended up selling them for $ 7.500.00 .  Nice profit don't you think? Right now I am looking at a place to sell some things I have accumulated over the years online and I found a store that I am interested in though the jury is still out. but take a look at it , you may find a home there. here is the link,  http://www.webstore.com . Check it out were you live. you never know what you could be passing up..... Your Friend ... Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment