Friday, January 4, 2013

AT 13 , DO I PULL THE TRIGGER ?

I posted an experience earlier of Gun's in my face at 14, And then I began to recall another experience with that same pellet gun.  Time has a way of standing still when certain things happen in one's life.
It took me a little bit to recall but I remember being 13 years old when we lived in a small town called Chamal Tamaulipas in Mexico. We had moved from a place called Ocampo Tamaulipas which I believe is about 30 or 40 kilometros  away from Chamal. These towns are now on youtube.
 It was there that I met my friend Manuel that I had mentioned earlier.
 On this one night, we decided to go rabbit hunting because there was very little moonlight, so I went home to get the pellet gun.
 My friend lived on the corner opposite of a cantina ( bar ). There was a street lamp there but it wasn't very bright.
As I was returning to my friends house, I was stiff legging the pellet gun because I didn't want the commandant to see it and take it away from me. but just as I was entering into the light , coming from the opposite direction was a girl and behind her was my brother.
 He let out a wolf whistle to the girl and they both passed me and disappeared into the darkness of the night.
 Now I don't know how old this girl was, but a guy was standing outside of this cantina and ran inside and told the girls boyfriend that a gringo was whistling at his girl.
 He grabs his machete and comes running out of the cantina drunk and hollering that he was going to part this gringo down the middle and starts towards me.
 I look behind me to see if he was talking to someone else, but by that time my brother was gone and I was the only one there.
SO I STOP. turn slightly sideways and waited. With machete waving he comes running towards me cursing and when he was arm and rifle length away approximately, I swing my gun up and place it about 4 inches away from his forehead and I ask myself, Do I pull the trigger or not.
I figured that if it looked like he was going to swing that machete, then I was going to pull that trigger.
 The man froze upon seeing the gun , not knowing it was a pellet gun, he slowly, very slowly lowered his machete , turned and walked away. I then went on to my friends house and we went to get the rabbits. I don't know if this is true, but I heard that he was told that it wasn't me but that it was my brother that did the whistling. Supposedly the next day he was trying to beat up my brother but the commandant saved him.

No comments:

Post a Comment