Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Old man in the mirror

How did I get to look so old,
with wrinkles around the eyes.
A bowing of my shoulders,
and a weakness in my thigh's.
A tremble seems to have control,
tis hard to move around,
I need help now, seems even more,
But harder to be found.

I look into a mirror,
don't recognize who I see,
I turn to face the man back there,
and realize it was me.

I turn to look back once again,
at the mirror on the wall,
The man I see staring back at me,
Isn't who I am at all.

I am the man who few years back,
Had stood both proud and strong,
who went to serve our country,
when our Uncle Sam had called.

I am the man who loved his wife,
and children that were born,
I'm not this man who stares at me,
with weakened body torn.

Yet, though I face reality, disappointment and dismay,
I know that these emotions,
are soon to fade away.

I'll smile at him, comb his hair and shave his gentle face,
and wink at him for we both know,
we're here by GOD'S GOOD GRACE

Written by Ted Nicol on 2-24-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment